Thursday 2 May 2013

3 Weeks in...

So I'm three weeks in...

This post has been delayed for numerous reasons. Partly sheer laziness. Cooking and gyming and yogaing and working tends to occupy most of my time, which leaves little time for anything else.

Some people might label me a workaholic, in this day and age and in my profession working is a necessity. That Donna Summer song comes to mind... "... She works hard for the money...". I would however change the lyrics to "... He works endlessly for very little money...". Alas that is the bane of our existences...

Anyway, lets stop ranting and get down to business. I'm back at gym full time (at least 5 times a week), and I am going to bikram/hot flow yoga 2-4 times a week. The eating is going well, all good food, unprocessed. Except for cheat meals (which happen about once a week)... then it's a whole lot of processed deliciousness that could send even your 4 year old into hyperglycemia. Even though rewarding yourself with food is definitely not the way to go, cheat meals can be good to 'reset' your metabolism.

I try keep artificial or processed foods down to a minimum, that includes artificial sweeteners. Sometimes its unavoidable, most supplements(including weigh proteins, pre-workouts, post-workouts etc etc etc) have sucralose or acesufalme K or any of the other fake sugars in them to try and make them more appetizing. The lucky thing, and it takes a while to realize it, is that the less sugar you have in your diet, the less you tend to crave more and more and more.

My progress on the scale seems very slow, but I know with the amount of protein I'm shoving down my pie hole and the amount of weight training I'm doing I can't expect rapid decrease in weight. Because of that, I have to base my progress on the following: Fat percentage, body measurements and progress pictures. 10 weeks to go :) lets see what they hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment